Sunday, April 6, 2014

Through the Panama Canal!

On March 17, 2014, my friend Joe and I took a 15-day cruise from Fort Lauderdale, FL, through the Panama Canal to San Diego, CA. We had a great time - saw new places and met some wonderful people. There were quite a few sea days, but we managed to keep entertained by going to movies, golfing, etc. Our excursion to Panama City was a disaster, but other than that everything was great. When we went through the canal the ships are pulled through the locks by locomotives attached by cables. It took all day to get from the Atlantic ocean to the Pacific. We went through the first lock which opened to a huge manmade lake, then went through a second lock and into a wide canal to the third lock which took us to the Pacific ocean. It was quite an experience. I really liked Antigua, Guatemala. It had quaint buildings, lots of ruins, and cobblestone streets. The whole town was decked out in purple to get ready for lent. Our dinner table was really fun. There were two couples from Montana and two couples from Canada. Since Joe and I were a little older, they started calling us Mom and Dad. It was really quite cute. We spent some time almost every evening at the Schooner Bar because the piano man was really good. As always, it was sad to come back home. I keep thinking every time I go on a cruise that I will get tired of it - I never do!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own slideshow design

No comments:

Post a Comment